OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Vacancy Notice No. : ASO/008-05
Duty Station : Rome, Italy
Position Title : Receptionist/Switchboard Operator
Type of appointment : Special all-inclusive contract, six months, with possibility of extension**
General functions: Under the general supervision of the Director, Regional Office for the Mediterranean and Chief of Mission in Italy and the direct supervision of the Regional Resource Management Officer (RRMO), the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out duties as receptionist and switchboard operator and will provide adequate administrative support whenever needed.
In particular the incumbent will take care of:
· Answering all incoming calls and transfer them where applicable. Where necessary, s/he will provide general information on IOM activities;
· Receiving, assessing and referring telephone and personal inquires to the appropriate staff for reply;
· Answering the door and greet visitors;
· Keeping a visitor’s log;
· Ensuring that visitors are directed to the proper office/staff member;
· Bringing unusual occurrences to the attention of the Security Focal Points immediately;
· Sending faxes upon request and filing them as appropriate;
· Photocopying documents as requested;
· Receiving mail and parcels and organizing internal distribution;
· Organizing dispatch of parcels through courier services, checking of invoices and relevant expenses;
· Checking switchboard reports on phone calls against Telecom’s bills so that phone calls costs are debited to projects properly;
· Assisting in providing overall administrative support in the day-to-day management and functioning of the Mission;
· Occasional driving of IOM cars for official purposes;
· Performing any other duty that may be assigned in relation to the above.
Education, experience: Secondary school education. Previous experience as receptionist an advantageous asset. Holder of driving license for passenger cars.
Personal qualities: Commitment, efficiency, flexibility, self-motivation, respect for diversity, strong organizational skills. In addition, an ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues within a team from varied cultures and professional backgrounds is also desired. Good driving record.
Languages: Italian and good knowledge of English, written and oral. Working knowledge of French and/or
other languages an advantage.
Method of application: External candidates with the required qualifications should submit a completed IOM Personal History Form available upon written request (firstname.lastname@example.org). Candidates holding an IOM contract should submit the internal application form. All applications should be addressed to the Regional Resource Management Officer, IOM Rome, quoting the above vacancy notice number.
Closing Date: 28 November 2005
** The tenure of contract of staff members holding a regular contract will remain unchanged.