OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Vacancy Notice No. 001/05
Duty Station: Rome
Position title: Psychosocial Training Programme Assistant
Type of Appointment: Special all-inclusive contract, part-time, six months duration, renewable if funds available
General Functions: Under the general supervision of the Director, Regional Office for the Mediterranean and Chief of Mission in Italy and the direct supervision of the Head of the Psychosocial and Cultural
Integration Unit (PCI) the incumbent will be responsible for specific activities related to the development and organization of the 2005 Psychosocial Training Programme. In particular he/she will:
1. Assist in the planning, organization and realization of the programme of training organized by the Psychosocial and Cultural Integration Unit to be held between February and May 2005;
2. Plan, realize and update on a regular basis the database and mailing list of the training activities for the Psychosocial and Cultural Integration Unit;
3. Monitor the training requests of possible participants by emails, fax and phone calls;
4. Assist in the selection/screening of the applicants;
5. Promote the Training Course by contacting the media, Internet specialized sites, schools and associations of psychotherapy and psychology;
6. Assist in the development of project proposals related to other training activities;
7. Liase with other members of the Psychosocial and Cultural Integration Unit;
8. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Education, experience and personal qualities University Degree in Psychology. Working experience in psychosocial training activities. Good computer, written and verbal skills. Good organizational and communication skills. Initiative, flexibility, efficiency and respect for diversity. Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds. Good knowledge of IOM an asset.
Languages: Thorough knowledge of English and Italian.
Method of Application: Candidates holding an IOM contract should submit the internal application form to the Rome Administrative Support Office quoting the above vacancy notice number.
External candidates shall submit the IOM Personal History Form quoting the above vacancy notice number.
Closing Date: 11 February 2005
** The tenure of contract of staff members holding a regular contract will remain unchanged