Date of publication: 18 December 2007
The European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) is an EU Agency based in Vienna. The objective of the Agency is to provide the relevant institutions and authorities of the Community and its Member States when implementing Community law with assistance and expertise relating to fundamental rights, in order to support them when they take measures or formulate courses of action within their respective spheres of competence to fully respect fundamental rights. (Article 2 of the Council Regulation (EC) No 168/2007).
The FRA is issuing a call for expressions of interest for the position of member of the Scientific Committee. The term of office of the members of the Scientific Committee shall be five years.
The FRA is an equal opportunities employer and ensures that its recruitment procedures do not discriminate on the basis of gender, racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
FRA will not return applications to candidates. The personal data provided by the candidate shall be processed pursuant the European Regulation related to personal data protection and in particular Regulation EC n. 45/2001 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the community institutions and bodies, and on the free movement of such data. Personal data shall be processed solely for the purpose of selecting the members of the Scientific Committee. Should the candidate have any query concerning the processing of his/her personal data, he/she shall address them to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested applicants should consult the FRA’s website http://fra.europa.eu for further information.
Candidates must be nationals of one of the Member States of the European Union.
How to apply:
Please read these instructions carefully before applying. Applications should only be submitted by e-mail.
1) Fill in the application form with the requested information.
2) Save the document onto your computer.
3) Write a short introduction letter, stating your interest in membership of the FRA Scientific Committee.
4) Send an e-mail to email@example.com containing the following attachments:
- letter of interest (max. 1 page);
- application form, duly filled in;
- list of scientific publications in books and peer-reviewed journals, including the abstracts of the 10 most relevant articles.
The closing date for submission of the applications is 29/01/2008 at midnight, Vienna time (date and hour of e-mail count). FRA reserves the right to disregard any expressions of interest sent after that date.
- Notice: PDF [ en ]
- Procedures and arrangements for the selection and appointment: PDF [ en ]
- Requirements: PDF [ en ]
- Instructions for application: PDF [ en ]
- Application form: RTF [ en ]